- High performance 365 nm ultraviolet LED
- 1-3/4" inch head with 39mm ZWB2 glass filter pre-installed
- Included extension tube allows for 2 18650 Lithium Ion batteries, instead of the rechargeable RCR123A batteries that the standard Convoy C8 uses. If the extension tube is taken off, the RCR123A batteries can still be used.
- Increased output via 1500mA buck driver
- Waterproof standard IP-65 protects the unit from accidental water immersion
- Ergonomic knurling pattern offers a comfortable yet secure grip
- Polished reflector emits excellent beam shape
- ON/OFF Click switch in tail cap
- Battery two standard 18650 lithium-ion battery (protected)
- Output - see description below
- Dimensions 8 3/4" long x 15/16" diameter (body)
- Weight approximately 180g
This product was inspired by Mark Cole. Way Too Cool asked the Convoy manufacturer to make a REAL CONVOY flashlight based on Mark's design. Mark modified a Convoy C8 flashlight by installing a UV LED and a filter. Mark then open-sourced the design. The problem with Mark open sourcing this flashlight design is that the use of the filter in the UV LED flashlight is illegal infringement of the patent and telling everyone to make their own is also illegal infringement. Making and selling filtered UV LED flashlights without a license to use the patent is illegal. Way Too Cool urges you not to support patent infringement. Because of patent (US 7781751), the Convoy manufacturer has agreed that William Gardner is the exclusive distributor in the USA of Convoy's newest UV product. Please do not buy counterfeit or "re-invented" products made in someone's house, when the genuine product is available from the Convoy manufacturer through Way Too Cool, and WTC Dealers.
Elemental Rocks and Herbs is a Way Too Cool dealer.